Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scuba Diving

SCUBA is an acronym for "self-contained underwater breathing apparatus". Scuba diving is another part of my adventure in life that made me crave for more dives. The reason why I want to dive again is to witness more of the aquatic life; its beauty and calmness of the environment. I saw a lot of corals formed like walls with different kinds of fish. I my first encounter with Nemo, its real name is the Clown Fish living within the sea anemone.

Beauty under the sea amazes me but there's always a danger like rapid change of current from slight to strong that divers will have a hard time controlling their buoyancy and direction. Another danger is the decompression sickness (DCS) which is deadly when not treated immediately.

I've been to the mountains, rivers, caves and now underwater. But anywhere we go, safety is very important. So, care must be considered at all times.

No comments: